09 April 2009

Combined Sports Meet

Sport cells + economic brain ==> I sold out a FULL box of fish-ball sticks at the combined sports meet today!!
It was my first and maybe the last time watching sports meet in Temasek Sec. I have a special role in the sports meet -- selling goods as fund-raising for Oversea CIP. Sports meet would start in the afternoon, so I was resting in the morning. But it was only half past nine, I met Sunny outside room and he reminded me the OCIP meeting at ten. Actually I didn't know what I should do after I rushed to school, but not long I found my job, joining fish-balls onto sticks. It's quite fun making fish-ball sticks.
Later we moved to Bedok Stadium and did selling drinks and food. Bedok stadium is quite a small one but arranged two levels of students from each of the four school, Temasek, Chung Cheng, Dunman, Ngee Ann. No time to watch sport games, I started OICP sale.
I sold HtwoO and GreenTea cans in the first half. Picking out selected cans and refilling cans of drinks, I felt the ice water was freezing cold. As time flied by, teacher found food selling was much slower than drinks. Then most of us were sent to sell food. After rounds, a lot of fish-balls were left. Teacher asked me with a Sec 2 boy to sell fish-balls. I was, 硬着头皮, accepted the task. "Fish-balls, one for one coupon!" As we walking around we shouted. From the side of Sec 2, all the way to the other end of Sec 3, I sold, he collected coupons. It was quite successful, we sold out most half. It was the last fifteen minutes before sports meet ended. Teacher told us we will sell as a rate of two sticks of fish-balls for one coupon. I discussed with my partner, we changed the words into "Fish-balls, buy one get one free!" Seemed more attractive, right? No more than five minutes, all Fish-balls sold out!
Though I did not have chance to watch the sports meet for minutes, but I still enjoyed. As my first time of selling, I experienced and understood the hardness of business. By the way, our school won the cheer competition, I think most of us cheered like siao! That is our school.

No comments:

Post a Comment